Monday, February 27, 2012

Nice try AC, you almost had it

So I knew it was too good to be true. I went to check-in at the Thai Airlines counter this morning as I was instructed to by Air Canada yesterday and they had no record of me for today's flight. Great!

They told me to go see someone at the Thai Airlines help counter so i did. Nope, no help there. They had even just spoken to someone from Air Canada and had been given the name of another passenger to transfer, but nothing about me. Ok, perfect, over to see Air Canada then.

To be fair, they resolved the problem pretty quickly. I just would have been pretty pissed if they had told me that the flight was now full or something like that.

I was a little disappointed at first when they put me on Thai Airlines instead of Singapore Air as was my original booking because I have heard great things about Singapore Air. Well I'm definitely not disappointed anymore, Thai Airlines gets two big thumbs up from me. Great service, roomy seats, awesome food (green curry chicken) and the stewardess keeps coming around and topping off my wine glass (in a real glass). Well done!

On the upside they didn't manage to lose my bag so I'm pretty pleased. I'm in Manila now and I'm really tired and very confused as to what day it is. I hope to spend tomorrow wandering around Intramuros, the old Spanish city in the heart of Manila. Maybe I'll head down to Taal volcano the next day if i can recruit a couple more people to go with me to cut the cost.

So here's a funny story for you. I had just landed in Manila and left the airport. My driver to get me to the hostel (Hector) was telling me about the city. About 5 minutes into the drive he asked me if i was single and wanted to meet some nice Filipinas. I said I was single, but wasn't looking to meet anyone, I just came here to see the city. Well that didn't deter him. He said if i wanted a nice clean girl to talk to him. The ones in the bars are very dirty he said. Ummm... Ok. I didn't really know what to say so I changed the topic. I had been here for less than an hour and I already found a pimp, or rather he found me.

No comments:

Post a Comment